2016 “No News” Letter December 25, 2016Posted by nrhatch in Happiness, Life Balance, Mindfulness.
For those of you who have been waiting with bated breath for our 2016 “No News” Letter, here are the Top Ten Reasons we’re L~A~T~E this Season . . .
10. It can’t be Christmas yet ~> we “just” packed the Santas away after ringing in the New Year.
9. BFF turned 60 in October and we’re still celebrating . . . with leftover Halloween candy.
8. When we go for beach walks, the throngs (and thongs) of sun worshippers make it seem more like July 4th than Christmas.
On the plus side:
No Snow => Ho! Ho! Ho!
7. We hit the 80’s yesterday . . . and it was still 74 degrees at sunset!
6. We enjoyed similar temps last weekend while touring the island with my brother’s family who flew in from Colorado and Chicago for Jess & Nate’s wedding. (See Reason #3)
5. Most of the Santas around here are dressed in Bermuda shorts and Panama hats.
4. The only “snowmen” we see in Florida are made of sand or full of hot air.
3. Jess wed Nate on 12/18 at Leu Gardens in Orlando ~> it was so H~O~T that guests stayed in the shade until 3:58 pm before grabbing souvenir sunglasses and taking a seat. (The minister lip-synched lyrics from Donna Summer’s “Hot Stuff” before the “I do’s.”)
2. We lost some of our “Holly Jolly” and most of our “Fa La La” when Tigger took a turn for the worse right after the wedding. Two days later we said good-bye to our little guy for the last time.
R.I.P. Tigger (July 2004 – December 20, 2016) . . . you are missed!
But the #1 Reason this missive is L~A~T~E ~> I lose track of time when playing Bridge.
* * *
Life is full of high notes and low notes ~ the Yin and Yang of life. We hope your Holidays are Merry & Bright and overflowing with Love & Light . . . ending your year on a high note.