Milestones and Markers January 1, 2015Posted by nrhatch in Happiness, Meditation, Mindfulness, Spirit & Ego.
As we learn to silence the mind, our present moment awareness increases.
As detached observers, we interact with others in a more deliberate manner ~ with fewer automatic and habitual knee-jerk reactions to idle chit-chat around the water cooler.
Life seems calmer and slower, more peaceful and less precarious.
Along the path, numerous milestones and markers encourage us to keep moving forward on our journey:
* Instead of blindly bumping into boulders, obstacles become pebbles, easily tossed to the side of our path.
* Connected with the flow of life, our spirits soar and life feels more joyous and playful.
* We see obstacles and challenges as opportunities for growth, rather than as permanent impediments to our happiness.
* Instead of struggling to solve problems (at the level of ego), we see struggle as the problem. As we learn to be patient and accept the what is, we allow life to unfold in its own time and in its own way.
* Rather than beating our heads against brick walls and screaming at locked doors, we follow the path of least resistance as we flow over and around the walls and doors on our path.
* Seeing angry words as nothing more than pulses of energy, we become less inclined to lash out in kind to defend our point of view. Instead of wasting time and energy defending our limited perspective on life, we maneuver around hostile opinions in our path.
Don’t put the key to your happiness in someone else’s pocket.
* As we become more adept at using an internal compass to guide our daily choices, we develop clarity ~ allowing us to observe not only our actions (and the actions of others) more clearly, but often the underlying motivation behind those actions as well.
Aah . . . that’s better!