My Top 5 Tips For Holiday Sanity December 13, 2014Posted by nrhatch in Humor, Life Balance, Mindfulness.
Janna wrote a post, Holiday Survival Discovery: They Don’t Call Me Bonnie (And I Don’t Know Clyde). After sharing her Survival Discovery, Janna asked us to share our secrets to Holiday Sanity:
Do you have any secrets (legal or not) for making it through the holidays? I love this time of year, so I don’t usually get too stressed… but it doesn’t hurt to keep ideas on hand!
Here’s my Top 5 Tips for Holiday Sanity:
1. Live where it’s WARM so you don’t have to maneuver over or around snow banks or worry about icicles lurking overhead.
2. Steer clear of the mall from Thanksgiving to Christmas . . . unless you just want to wander around and admire the decorations.
3. Buy most/all gifts at the Grocery Store . . . everyone needs to eat. Focus on the 4 main food groups ~> Salty, Crunchy, Sweet, and C~H~O~C~O~L~A~T~E!
4. Get plenty of exercise to alleviate stress and maintain balance.
5. Laugh at any insanity that slips into the mix. It will. That’s a given.
Aah . . . that’s better!