Journey Into Healing November 5, 2011Posted by nrhatch in Books & Movies, Health & Wellness, Meditation.
In Journey Into Healing ~ Awakening the Wisdom Within You, Deepak Chopra, M.D., shares page after page of concise insights worthy of consideration. A few of my favorites:
* The cause of disease is often extremely complex, but one thing can be said for certain: no one has proved that getting sick is necessary. [p. 20]
* We all create scenarios and then become convinced by them, down to our very cells. [p. 37]
* Vedic verse declares, “The inner intelligence of the body is the ultimate and supreme genius in nature. It mirrors the wisdom of the cosmos.” This genius is inside you, a part of your inner blueprint that cannot be erased. [p. 51]
* Every cell is a miniature terminal connected to the cosmic computer. [p. 52]
* Just one year ago, 98 percent of the atoms in our bodies were not there. It’s as if we live inside buildings whose bricks are being systematically taken out and replaced. [p. 60]
* We have a pharmacy inside us that is absolutely exquisite. It makes the right medicine, for the precise time, for the right target organ ~ with NO side effects. [p. 69]
* Science declares that we are physical machines that have somehow learned to think. Now it dawns that we are thoughts that have learned to create a physical machine. [p. 72]
* When the mind is peaceful, inner energies wake up and work miracles for us ~ without any conscious effort on our part. [p. 77]
* When we experience pure silence in the mind, the body becomes silent also. And in that field of silence, healing is much more efficient. [p. 97]
* If the nervous system were purified of stress, then it would only express Being, which is always life-supporting because its nature is bliss. [p. 106]
* The use of love is to heal. When it flows without effort from the depths of the self, love creates health. [p. 111]
* One’s inner sense of “me” is built up of images from the past, all the fears, hopes, wishes, dreams, loves, and disappointments one calls “mine.” However, if you strip all these images away, something of “me” is still left: the decision maker, the screen, the silent witness. [p. 124]
* The deepest reality you are aware of is the one from which you draw your power. [p. 140]
In addition Chopra shares tips for Mindfulness Meditation, concluding that section by stating:
If you stay rested, take care of yourself, and take time to commit to meditation, you are bound to get in touch with your inner self. You will tap into the cosmic mind, the voice that whispers to you nonverbally in the silent spaces between your thoughts. This is your inner intelligence, and it is the ultimate and supreme genius that mirrors the wisdom of the universe. Trust this inner wisdom and all your dreams will come true.
Aah . . . that’s better!
Related post: Enjoy The Ride (Crowing Crone)