21 Ways To Improve Life Balance April 29, 2014Posted by nrhatch in Exercise & Fitness, Health & Wellness, Life Balance.
Tags: Forgiveness, Gratitude, Happiness, Health & Wellness, Mindfulness
2. Exercise is the fountain of youth. Regular exercise increases metabolism, regulates appetite, improves mood, enhances sleep, and increases energy.
Need some inspiration? Check out the Fitness-Photo Challenge on As My Camera Sees It and join the 12-week Fitness Challenge.
3. Get enough rest. Go to bed and get up on time so you can start the day unrushed. Take time each day to relax and unwind.
4. Simplify and unclutter your life. Less is more.
5. “Just Say No” to volunteer requests that don’t fit into your schedule or will compromise your sanity.
You are not the general manager of the universe. Delegate tasks to others.
7. Get organized so everything has its place, with backups for emergencies ~ an extra car key in your wallet or an extra house key hidden in the garden.
8. Separate idle worries from realistic concerns. If a situation concerns you, consider what you can do to resolve it. If you can’t do anything, let go of the churning anxiety. Keep breathing.
9. Take things one day at a time. Don’t worry today about what might happen tomorrow. If it never happens, you’ll have worried for nothing. If it does happen, you’ll end up worrying twice.
Worrying is interest paid on a debt we may not owe.
10. Live within your budget. Don’t use credit cards for ordinary day-to-day purchases unless you pay off the bill each month.
12. Do something for the Kid in You everyday. Build a library of wonderful memories.
13. Bring a book to read while waiting in line. Listen to books on tape or uplifting music while driving. Or use waiting time for mindful meditation or creative visualization.
Waiting time does not have to be wasted time.
14. Write down thoughts and inspirations. Keep a folder of favorite quotes on hand. Make time every day for a few minutes of quiet reflection.
15. Having problems? Try to nip small problems in the bud. Don’t wait until you’re in bed to worry about them.
17. Laugh. Laugh some more!
18. Be mindful. Use all five senses. Notice the blue sky. Listen to uplifting music. Inhale pleasant scents, aromas, and fragrances. Savor delicious tastes. Give someone a hug.
19. Take your work seriously, but yourself not at all. Sit on your ego.
20. Develop a forgiving attitude. Be kind to unkind people; they need it the most. Hanging on to anger and stale grievances doesn’t hurt them, it hurts you.
21. Be grateful for small blessings. Before going to sleep, think of one thing you’re grateful for that you’ve never been grateful for before. When we look for the best in life, we see it. Gratitude magnifies the good.
Aah . . . that’s better!