It’s A Wrap! December 31, 2012Posted by nrhatch in Food & Drink, Home & Garden, Humor.
Tags: Aluminum, Aluminum Foil, Foil, Home and Garden, Humor
Aluminum Foil has been a mainstay in kitchens for decades.
And not just for keeping food fresh by acting as a barrier to light and oxygen and all manner of unpleasant odors.
Other uses abound:
* Sharpen scissors by swiping them once through 7 layers of foil. Using 8 layers would probably work too. No guarantees if you only use 6.
* Get into the Guinness Book of World Records by making the world’s largest foil ball. Richard Roman of Alliance, Ohio set the current record in 1987. The weight of his ball . . . 1,615 pounds. Wow! That’s a lot of chocolate wrappers. I wonder how much Richard weighs?
* Toss a small crumpled ball of foil into the dryer with wet clothes to prevent static electricity from infiltrating your clothes. Don’t toss aluminum foil into your microwave unless you want to see sparks fly.
* Next year will be the 100th year anniversary of the first commercial use of aluminum foil in the United States. In 1913, it was used for Life Savers candy wrappers and also as ID leg bands for racing pigeons.
* Make a tin foil hat to keep aliens in UFO’s from reading and controlling your thoughts.
Foil is an effective foil against alien mind readers because it reflects 98% of all light rays and more than a few electro-magnetic rays.
Plus it acts as a placebo . . . giving peace of mind to paranoid people.
* Unlike other wraps, tin foil can often be reused. Clean with soapy water, rinse, dry, and smooth out.
* If your brown sugar is hard as a rock, wrap the brick in foil and bake at 300 degrees for 5 minutes to soften it back up.
Then bake cookies! C’mon . . . the oven’s already pre-heated. You can start your diet tomorrow. Next Tuesday at the latest.
Aah . . . that’s better!
* * * * *
Well . . . that about wraps up another year of blogging fun on SLTW.
Thanks for visiting, reading, commenting, linking, liking, sharing, and caring about the eclectic topics we discuss . . . as Spirit Lights The Way.
Happy New Year!
Stay Tuned for tomorrow’s post: The Writer’s Desk ~ A Contest Giveaway!!!