Breathe. Relax. Repeat. December 28, 2012Posted by nrhatch in Exercise & Fitness, Health & Wellness, Life Balance.
Tags: Anxiety, Health, Mental Health, Stress, Stress management
Now, it’s time for some serious STRESS relief:
* Exercise is a great stress buster. Go for a brisk walk around the block. Boost your heart rate while lowering your stress rate.
* Take the dog and/or kids to the park or playground. Play tag, dodge ball, or monkey in the middle.
* Volunteering two hours per week can reduce stress and provide other feel good benefits. Offer to take nursing home residents in wheelchairs for outings around the neighborhood. Walk dogs at the local shelter.
* Join a tai chi or yoga group in the park. Meditative movements help melt anxiety. Sunshine is a mood booster.
* Some foods are proven stress busters. Chocolate comes to mind. Other options ~ whole grain breads, citrus, spinach, salmon, and black tea. Try a Spinach, Fennel, and Orange Salad dressed lightly with a balsamic vinaigrette (olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and orange juice).
* Don’t just do something, sit there. Meditation is a great way to gain clarity and melt away stress.
It’s as easy as 1-2-3: Breathe, Relax, Repeat.
Aah . . . that’s better!