Birthday Greetings To . . . ME! July 13, 2011Posted by nrhatch in Bulletin Board, Fun & Games, Humor, Special Events.
Tags: Alumni Association, Birthday, Cold Stone Creamery, Ice Cream
I’ve received Birthday Greetings (and coupons!) from Coldstone Ice Cream, AMF Bowling Lanes, Phillippi Creek Seafood, and Beef O’Brady’s:
I’ve received e-greetings from Busch Gardens, my auto insurer, my bank, and my Alumni Association:
Every time I open my e-mail, another greeting awaits . . . reminding me that I’m a year older and not a whole lot wiser.
Putting a positive spin on things . . . I’m still far too young to receive a Birthday Greeting from The President!
Quotes to Ponder:
* About the only thing that comes to us without effort is old age.
* Looking fifty is great . . . if you’re sixty. ~ Joan Rivers
* Despite medical advances, there is still no cure for the common birthday.
* Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened. ~ Cora Harvey Armstrong
* Birthdays are good for you ~ the more you have, the longer you live.
* A diplomat is a man who always remembers a woman’s birthday, but never her age. ~ Robert Frost
* Old age isn’t so bad when you consider the alternative. ~ Maurice Chevalier
* If I’d known I was going to live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself. ~ Ubie Blake
* Just remember, once you’re over the hill you begin to pick up speed.
* No wise man ever wished to be younger. ~ Jonathan Swift
* A man who views the world at fifty the same as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. ~ Muhammad Ali
No rules. Just write!
Prompted by today’s WP prompt, WP Daily Prompt ~ The Stat Connection, I just checked my top 3 posts. This post, the 2nd most popular post on SLTW, continues to be an all-time favorite. As of today, it’s garnered 7,013 views.
My birthday is 7-13! How cool is that!
I love the little wink from the Universe that prompted me to check it when I did. If I had checked it yesterday or waited until later today or tomorrow, I would not have seen the 7013.