20 Ways To Improve Life Balance September 19, 2010Posted by nrhatch in Gratitude, Happiness, Health & Wellness, Humor, Life Balance, Mindfulness.
Tags: Forgiveness, Gratitude, Happiness, Health & Wellness, Mindfulness
2. Get enough rest. Go to bed and get up on time so you can start the day unrushed.
3. Simplify and unclutter your life. Less is more.
4. ”Just Say No” to projects that don’t fit into your schedule, or will compromise your sanity. You are not the general manager of the universe. Delegate tasks to others.
6. Get organized so everything has its place, with a few backups: an extra car key in your wallet, or an extra house key hidden in the garden.
7. Separate idle worries from realistic concerns. If a situation concerns you, consider what you can do to resolve it. If you can’t do anything, let go of the churning anxiety. Keep breathing.
8. Take things one day at a time. Don’t live tomorrow today by worrying about what might happen. If it never happens, you’ll have worried for nothing. If it does happen, you’ll end up worrying twice.
9. Live within your budget. Don’t use credit cards for ordinary day-to-day purchases unless you pay off the bill each month.
11. Do something for the Kid in You everyday.
12. Bring a book with you to read while waiting in line. Listen to books on tape or uplifting music while driving.
13. Write down thoughts and inspirations. Keep a folder of favorite quotes on hand. Make time every day for quiet reflection or meditation.
14. Having problems? Try to nip small problems in the bud. Don’t wait until you’re in bed to worry about them.
17. Laugh some more!
18. Take your work seriously, but yourself not at all. Sit on your ego.
19. Develop a forgiving attitude. Be kind to unkind people (they probably need it the most).
20. Be grateful for small blessings. Every night before bed, think of one thing you’re grateful for that you’ve never been grateful for before.
Related posts: Give Your Stuff Away Day * Simplify Your Life * Clearing Clutter * You Better Stop Shopping Around * That’s Trashy! * I Don’t Want Stuff Anymore, Only Things (Raptitude) * Create Space For What Matters